Calmbirth Educator Conference 22nd & 23rd February 2023 – No Dinner. Theme for the conference is Nurturing Us. Stronger Together.
Guest Speakers include:
Bahi – Kumar Hazard
Calmbirth Educator Conference 22nd & 23rd February 2023 – No Dinner
Nurturing Us. Stronger Together
This year’s Calmbirth Educator conference 2023 will be held at the Rydges Cronulla Beachside Hotel, Cronulla. The conference theme will be Nurturing Us. Stronger Together.
When: 22nd & 23rd February 2023
Conference Cost:$550 (No dinner)
Where: Rydges Cronulla Beachside
20/26 Kingsway, Cronulla
22nd Feb Day 1. Start: 8.00am
23rd Feb Day 2. Start – 8.30
Finish – 4.00pm
We have some fabulous speakers lined up that include:
Bashi Kumar – Hazard who is an Australian-based lawyer who works to promote the human rights of women and infants in the provision of maternity healthcare. Bashi will be talking to us about:
- Human Rights in Childbirth.
- How as Calmbirth Educators we can empower women to make informed decisions.
- Understand the importance of making informed decisions when they feel disempowered or too scared to say no because they may feel coerced by the obstetricians and or caregivers,
- Or are too scared to say no because they fear they will be treated differently or not be given the same level of care if they say no.
Kylie Hennessy will be joining us for the afternoon on Day One to provide some well-earned connection and nourishing with some restorative yoga and healing circles.
Our very own Heli Murray will be talking to us about Birth Trauma.
- What is birth trauma?
- What are the risk factors for birth trauma?
- What are the effects of unresolved birth trauma?
- What are the protective factors?
- Identify & exploring trauma in birth – what is happening (inside the person)
– What can we, as Calmbirth Educators, do to address birth trauma? – information, knowledge, resources, attention.
Adam Nicholson who is an Osteopath from InTouch Health Co will also be talking to us about breath work and the pelvis during pregnancy and birth from an osteopathic perspective.
Deb Peters will be talking about the implementation of Calmbirth at Auckland Health District and we are hoping to have Christine Mellor & Susan Crowther from AUTS who are currently writing up the results from the pilot study at Auckland Health District .